Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Grand Love

Four Months
16lbs, 25 inches
He's interacting w/his world now. Reaching for things, holding onto toys, putting anything he can into his mouth. He rolls from front to back & ALMOST from back to front. He also seems to be teething a bit. His laugh is absolutely infectious, and we find ourselves doing the most ridiculous things to keep hearing it. (Yes, ridiculous even to US.) He must see what's going on around him at all times & when his view is obstructed, he lets us know pretty quickly. And we wouldn't be surprised if this little boy learns how to walk early, because he wants it BAD! He's sleeping longer stretches at night, so now we get at least 5-6 hours before he wakes up. He still has trouble at night, though. Seems he knows when bedtime is coming, because he begins to wail as soon as we start putting on his pajamas. It's the only time of day, really, that he cries. Otherwise, he is wonderfully pleasant and easy to manage, and we are still beside ourselves with joy.
********************************
Zach had lots of visitors this past month. He met his aunt & uncle from Arizona & got to spend time with his favorite cousin. Our friends Garry & Lisa came up to the mountain, too, to get to know him and fell in love immediately--er with Zach, not each other. (In fact, they both admitted to suddenly feeling their biological clocks tick after spending a little time with him in their laps.) Zach also met his other grandfather for the first time. We spent a week with my Dad who came up from Florida for a worthwhile bonding session.
It seems Zach will have a situation just a little like mine--blessed with multiple sets of grandparents. Since my mother was adopted and found her biological family, plus remarried, and my father who lost his father at a young age, and HIS mother remarried, that came to a total of three sets of grandparents for me plus two extra grandfathers (if you count my mother's biological mother's new husband). I never met my real grandfathers, though, since one passed away early & the other was estranged from my mom's biological family, and I barely had a chance to get to know my stepfather's father, as he passed away very soon after he married my mom. And now that I lay all of this out on virtual paper, I realize how ridiculously complicated it all is. (My head hurts even just to type this out.)
Zach is lucky, though. His own family tree will be a little simpler. And, I expect, so too will be his life.

No comments: